2018 ALGONQUIN PARK CANOE TRIP GUIDE / LEADER
Wild Adventure Canada is looking for canoe guides to work 3, 4 and 5-day canoe trips in Algonquin Park for our upcoming Spring/Summer/Fall seasons. In addition to having an exceptional canoeing tripping background, applicants should have strong leadership skills and be comfortable speaking about Algonquin flora, fauna, night sky and local culture in front of an adult commercial and family market. Solid interpretative and program skills are essential. Our guides love to teach our guests about the wonders of Algonquin Park. Warmth and Hospitality skills are essential.
Applicants should have the following certifications:
- Wilderness First Aid
- Bronze Cross or higher swimming lifeguard status
- Strong leadership experience in a wilderness environment
- Strong canoe tripping background preferably in a commercial setting
- ORCKA Canoe Tripping 3 is a plus
- All Canoe Guides must have:
- Personal Paddle, PFD, tent & personal camping gear used for tripping
- Comprehensive wilderness First Aid Kit
- Driver’s license and car an asset to allow for transport to and from Algonquin. Bus and occasional shuttle may be available
Compensation and Housing
- From $140 to $200 a day (Commensurate with experience) plus year end bonus/tips
- Lakeside cabin accommodation available while off trip.
- Contracts available from: May to October
- Interested candidates should e-mail a résumé ASAP with cover letter to Justin at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When applying, please indicate where you saw this posting.